The program requires completion of ten (10) three-credit courses (6 required and 4 elective) taken in residence at Rutgers, as described in the table of courses, seminar in mathematical finance (2 semesters, 1/2 credit per semester), and a master's degree essay prior to graduation.
- Students may pursue the degree full-time (usually nine or more credits per semester) or part-time.
- The Graduate School-New Brunswick normally requires students to complete the degree within three (3) years, with a minimum of one (1) year for full-time students.
- Students are required to sign and follow a Code of Conduct which can be found in the Forms page.
- The minimum grade requirements for graduation are described in the Satisfactory Academic Progress, Probation, and Dismissal section of our policies page.
- Successful completion of 2 semesters of Math 630.
- Second semester and graduating students are required to meet with Sunita Jagtiani-Sanghvi to review a document career information form (17 KB) for career advisement and to complete a career placement survey.